You’ve decided you want Hostini to be your hosting concierge, but what happens after you signup?
Let’s look at the steps we go through to onboard you as a client.
- Once you’ve signed up, we’ll look through all of your details and within 24 hours request access to your current WordPress and DNS areas
- We’ll also send you a link to setup your 15-minute introductory Skype call with one of our team
- We’ll then transfer your WordPress website to our quarantined hosting environment to test your website and analyze any potential issues
- If there aren’t any issues then we’ll harden your WP install and ensure any settings are lock down access)
- If your WordPress website requires any fixes then we’ll notify you of these and make the necessary changes
- Fixes are made within 72 hours
- During this time period, you should be as responsive as possible as we’re unable to move forward until we receive a reply from you
- Your website is transferred over to our full hosting environment and we install any caching or CDN changes (where applicable)
- We make the necessary SPF, DKIM and DNS changes, and notify you of your “go live” time
- Optimization of your website begins, which can take anywhere from a day or so right through to two weeks (depends on the size of your site and the
- You’re then able to request Genie jobs from Hostini and use the technical support for whatever you require (so long as it’s in your current plan allowances)
- We’ll then monitor your website closely for 90 days to see if it could benefit from moving to a different hosting environment. Sometimes, your setup may perform poorly on one hosting setup while working much better on a different one.
An important note: the above time scale excludes our non-active working days (we have 5 of those in the year: Dec 24, 25, 26 & 31, and Jan 1) and are subject to you providing us with the information, acceptance and any other necessary information to move from one stage to the next.